Friday, October 22, 2010

My Wedding DIY Projects Progress Report

As you all know I've been keeping busy the last couple months planning & preparing for my big day and I am proud to report that so far I am on schedule to complete all the wedding DIY projects I have planned! : ]

The invitations were a big one and as of tonight they will all have been mailed or handed out, Whoo-hoo!! I chose a simple layout design in our wedding colors and added a symbolic Cross charm to each one with some thin gold trim. I had the wording printed up on vellum by a local scrapbook store, (who I also got the envelopes and reception insert from). I attached it to the base of the invite with plain white photo corners that I've had in my scrappy stash for years. I am thrilled with how they turned out! Here's a peek at what they look like.



I also finished up most of the wedding favors last week. I had decided a while back to use a couple shots from our engagement photo session to make the favors with. After I got the photo cd from Our Photographer, I printed off 2 different poses I liked in black and white and added our names and wedding date to the bottom of each pic. Then I mounted each one on white cardstock, just like the invitations, and added a corresponding quote from the Bible to keep with our ceremony theme. Here's how they turned out.



Next up on my wedding DIY project list is the Autograph Canvas I'm making for our guests to sign and leave us well wishes on in lieu of a traditional wedding guest book. After the big day I plan to display it on a wall in our home. Til next time, thanks for stopping by! : ]

~jami lynn soon-to-be bishop <3

No comments: