Friday, February 11, 2011

My 1st EVER Sketchy Thursday LO...

Hello everyone! It's been a few weeks since my last post, but I wanted to take a moment & share my latest creation. I was inspired to make this page by the March Guest Design Team Member Challenge over on the Sketchy Thursday Blog. It was such a fabulous sketch I just had to do it! Here's the AWEsome sketch we had to work with...



In addition to using the sketch, we were also to use the following on our LO's:

♥ Pink & Green or Red & Turquoise
♥ Hearts
♥ A list about something/someone you love

I decided to work with red & turquoise~absolutely luv this color combo!



I had the BEST time creating this page and I'm happy to announce that this is the 1st LO I've created with photos from our wedding! I am THRILLED at how it turned out and so is the hubby! : ]
I used a combination of pattern papers including My Mind's Eye~background, Jenni Bowlin~red floral, October Afternoon~turquoise doilie pp and some Basic Grey scraps I found that I thought went well with all the others. I used 2 small round doilies behind the large photo and was able to incorporate the small inside of the heart doilie I cut up & used on my "So In Love" LO! I added hidden journaling on it and made a little loop from a strip of red polka-dot ribbon to make it easy to pull out and read.

***I took the pic below before I realized I had originally used the wrong word in my title! My sister actually pointed it out to me. It has since been changed on the LO and in the pic above. I just decided to leave this close-up shot up for now since I have to start getting ready for work soon.*** 


The heart banner was actually easier to make than I thought it would be. I drew different sized hearts on the back of my pp scraps and then folded the paper at the top of the drawn heart. I then cut out the shape minus about an eighth of an inch at the highest parts of the heart so I would have a double sided shape to fold over the twine. I've never tried making a banner before, but definitely plan to use them again now that I know how easy they are to make! : ]

Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy, Scrappy Day!!



~mrs. jami lynn bishop

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeee the photos, your banner and loving the doily! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

This is really beautiful, love this! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page! Love that list on the heart doilie! Thanks for playing|!

Marci said...

I am passing along the Stylish Blogger Award to you! Visit http://marcisscrappingspot.blogspot.com/2011/02/am-i-stylish-blogger.html to grab your award. Save and place on your blog. List 8 things about you and pick 8 stylish blogs to pass the award on just like I passed to you! Enjoy!

Marci said...

Jami, to get your badge, you need to right click on mine and save it to your computer, then upload it using blogger. HTH!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love your LO - the heart banner is way cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have followed yours, would love it if you would do the same. HAve a great day :)

Darlene S. said...

Jami, OMGOODNESS is this beautiful!!! You did a lovely job with the colors and I love how you made the sketch your own! :)