Thursday, April 29, 2010

A lil' Scrappy survey...

Here's a brief survey one of my fellow Groovy Gal's posted over on our ning site that I had a lot of fun doing & wanted to share. If you feel like doing it & wanna share, copy & paste the questions into a new email & then erase my answers & fill in your own & send 'em to me at jamariel@gmail.com. Enjoy!

1. Scrapper/cardmaker/both? Mainly a scrapper but I have been known to do a few cards on occasion.

2. How long have you been scrapping/cardmaking? I was introduced to it back in 2002, so about 8 years now but I have taken many scrappin' hiatus's so probably more like 6 years total, lol! How did you get into it? A friend who I worked w/back then was a scrapper & she got me all turned on to this fabulous past-time, lol!

3. Do you prefer to work alone, or get together with friends/go to crops/classes etc.? I prefer to be around others or get together w/friends except I work unusual hours so I am usually scrappin' solo.

4. Favorite embellishments? Letter stickers!

5. Favorite paper brands? Bazzill for Cardstock, for pp I have several Favs-Cosmo Cricket, Basic Grey, Graphic 45, My Mind's Eye, Jenni Bowlin, Jillibean Soup, Pink Paislee...etc.

6. Favorite tool? Paper trimmer

7. Favorite kind of ink? anything Tim Holtz

8. Who is your scrap idol? Hmmm, I have a few of those too, lol! My BFF Karen who got me into scrappin', Becky Higgins, Tim Holtz, Ali Edwards, Cathy Zielske, Donna Downey, Tara Whitney, Kelly Goree, Stacy Cohen, Delania Burns, Karola Witczak...etc., etc., etc. LOL!

9. Something you bought that you wish you hadn't or have never used? The MM Slice-and I am a LOVER of all things MM except THAT! The thing broke on me after 4 uses, no joke. BUYER BEWARE!!

10. Do you have your own scraproom or do you work in a shared area? I have a table in one corner of my living room. Kinda wish I had more space but I'm happy w/what I do have for now. : ]

11. Are you a chronological, reverse chronological, or random scrapper? I am a totally random scrapper. I scrap what I am inspired to scrap when I am inspired to create...which I wish was an occorence that happened a little more frequently than it currently does, lol.

12. What is your scrapping style if you have one? Hmmm, good question. I tend to have varying styles that I like to scrap in depending on my mood & the photos I am working with. I love to layer papers & elements/embellishments on my pages & I also love clean lines. I have the most fun mixing different styles though since I love all things retro, vintage, distressed, & doodled! ; ]

13. What's on your work area right now? A LO I started almost 2 weeks ago that I am trying to finish so I can get started on my Groovy DT work...I might have to just put it up for now & come back to it at a later date.

14. Favorite adhesive? They don't make it anymore but I loved the Kokuyo Permanent Adhesive I had for so long. Now that I finally ran out of it I'm trying out a few different ones to see which one works best for me.

15. Technique you have never tried that you would like to? Glimmer misting

16. Are you on or have you ever been on a design team or been a guest designer? I'm the Lead Sweethearts Designer for IIG & this is my 1st DT ever! I love it & am very thankful to be a part of such a wonderful group of talented scrappers!

17. Have you ever had your work published? .No, and the jury is still out on whether I will ever even submit it for consideration.

18. Are you a consultant for a company such as Close to my heart, stampin up, creative memories, etc? nope, but I used to be a Partylite Consultant. BEST candles EVER!!! lol

19. Do you subscribe to any kit clubs, if so which ones? Not currently, but I have been thinking about looking into it.

20. Do you have a minimal stash of supplies or are you a shopper/collecter? I have a considerable collection that I continually add more & more scrappy grooviness to, LOL!!

21. Are you a sketch user, scraplifter, or do you come up with it all on your own? I will scraplift on occasion, but I absolutely ADORE Sketches & use them almost all the time unless I already have something in mind for the page I am creating. They are such a huge help when scrappy time is limited! I love how they help inspire me to scrap, so much so that I started a monthly sketch challenge on scrapbook.com last summer & it has become bigger than I ever expected, (with at least 30+ participants monthly). So seeing what everyone else does w/the sketches I post has become very inspiring as well!!

22. Do you participate in any online challenges, if so which ones? Sometimes. Usually on SB.com

23. Do you own any diecutting machines (manual or electric) and if so which ones? My Awesome Boyfriend got me a Cricut Expressions for Xmas this past year & I am lovin' it so far! : ]

24. Are you a Stickleser (is that even a word?)-Do you use Stickles? I do use stickles on occasion for embellishing a LO here & there but i wouldn't call myself a stickles queen or anything...

No comments: