Sunday, August 19, 2012

Good evening my wonderfully talented scrappy friends! : )

It's been quite a while since my last post and I am pleased to share that I have finally scrapped recently! With the pace of life I've been keeping these past couple years scrappy time has been scarce, so I feel blessed in a way that things have slowed down at work and allowed me to have some additional time off during the past few weeks. I'm actually in the middle of a scrappy project I started a couple months back that I cannot yet share, since it's going to be a gift for someone very dear to me, but I did finally finish a layout I can share w/you all and that's the reason for tonight's post.
This is only the second page I've completed for our wedding album, which will be the next major scrappy project I tackle once the one I'm currently working on is completed, but I am excited to share it because the photo is one of my FAVS that our photographer & friend, Kelly Coulson, got of my step-son at our after ceremony dinner party. Check it out!

When I came across a sketch that a friend of mine posted on scrapbook.com recently this is the photo that came to my mind. I knew it would be a perfect fit! I used Basic Grey's Capella Line of pattern papers, which I purchased almost 2 years ago in anticipation of scrapping my wedding day photos, lol. I wanted to keep the focus on the photo, so I kept embellishments to a minimum by adding a touch of bling rhinestones & pearls, a beautiful flower from Prima's Autumn Harvest Ginger assortment & a black metal key. The gold ribbon I saved from a package/gift & I'm glad I did cause I love how it looks on this page!
Well, back to work on the gift album for now, but hope to be able to post more LO's soon for your viewing and commenting pleasure. : )

~Mrs. Jami Lynn Bishop <3 br="br">

No comments: