Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gettin' Scrappy!

Well the year seems to have flown by. I can hardly believe we're almost to the end of October already.....REALLY!?!?! Until recently I haven't had much time to devote to scrapbooking, and the little bit I have scrapped this year I've been keeping under wraps since it's going to be a gift I give to someone & I don't want them seeing it before it's finished. However I have had a few more spare moments to scrap lately & here's a peek @ some of my latest work.

 My Sis-in-law actually mailed me this photo of my adorable little nephew and from the moment I saw it, I couldn't wait to scrap it! The photo was so fabulous I decided to go w/a simple design in order to let it shine. I couldn't be happier with how this page turned out!! I used a combination of three different Basic Grey Lines; Capella, Boxer & Granola-(both pattern paper accent blocks & the rub-on). I scissor distressed the edges of the cardstock, inked the edges of both pattern paper rectangles, and added a simple doodled border around the photo block.
 
This next LO is a bit more detailed and was a ton of fun creating. It's actually a lift I did for a challenge on scrapbook(.)com. This is one of my FAV photo's of me & Dr. Luke, (as my hubby & I have been referring 2 him since birth). It was taken @ Luke's Great Grandmother's home in Boca Raton, FL a few months after his birth. I dug into my Sassafras Lass & My Mind's Eye stash for this one and can't believe how many coordinating papers I found to match the colors in this photo! I even used a few ancient alphabet stickers from the 1st set of letter stickers I ever bought back in 2001!!

That's all I have to share for now but stay tuned...I just started working on scrapping more of my own photos this week so in another few day's I hope to post my next finished project! Thanks for stopping by and have a Scraptastic Day!!!!


~jami lynn


No comments: