Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!! : )

Even though I live in a year round tropical climate, I have to admit that Fall is my FAVORITE season of the year. Not that I regularly get to experience it, except by the changing of the merchandise in the local stores, but none the less, I love it!!!
Today I have a LO I've recently completed featuring photos from our anniversary trip last November to the big city of Roanoke, VA--{the hubby's hometown}--where fall was in full swing, check it out!!



Visiting Mill Mountain & seeing the Roanoke Star was easily one of the things I enjoyed the most while we were there. As you can see the weather was beautiful as well, and the trees were all pretty shades of orange, red and green. We're likely to retire here one day, but for now I will have to enjoy reminiscing.
I was inspired to create this LO by a page I came across in my Sept/Oct CK Magazine, (pg. 91 First Day of School by Cora Vincens). This is a little different than my traditional scrappy-style, but I loved her page design so much I had to give it a try. I added a bit more of the inking & misting to my page, in an effort to bring out all the different colors of fall in my photos. I also added a 4th photo underneath the 2 at the bottom right, that I just couldn't stand to leave out. It's the view of the city from the top of the mountain, have a look.


Here you can also see a close-up of the doodled stitching I added around the photos to help 'tie' all the various bits of paper together that I used to frame my photos. In an effort to help keep the focus on the photos, I decided to go w/a minimalistic title that pointed to my subject-hence the use of the acrylic star. It also felt good to use an item from my embellishment hoard that I haven't used on a LO in ages, lol!!
Overall, I couldn't be happier w/how this page turned out and it was a wonderful stroll down memory lane creating it! That's all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you are enjoying the beautiful season of fall wherever you are!!  : )


~Jami Lynn

No comments: