Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Morning Scraps...

Good morning everyone! Wanted to share a new project I just finished up...

This is a photo of my husband's mother. His cousin sent it to us a couple years ago and I'm just getting around to scrapping it. It's really the only nice shot of her in the whole bunch so I decided to give it the royal treatment! : )

The inspiration for this LO came from a couple of places. It is based on the November Sketch from OUAS...



...and the color palette I used I found while stalking The Color Room's Facebook page last night, lol. It's from Week 125.



Now for a closer look...

 I pieced together the bling flourishes at the top right from what was left of the large Prima one I'd cut up. I added loose gems from Queen & Co. to fill in and complete the swirl accents. I also dug into my flowers and pulled all the coordinating ones I could find for this LO. After I finished the page, my husband said that the flowers were perfect because they reflected his mom's love for flowers. The mini bingo card is the newest item on this page-it just arrived in a package from scrapbook.com earlier this week! : )





 The challenge for OUAS requires that we have some journaling on our LO somewhere, so I used a small envelope to tuck my thoughts into and hid it behind the photo. 

I used a combination of Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye pattern papers as well as Die Cuts With A View cardstock-Immortal Love Stack-on this LO. Everything you see here has been in my scrappy-stash at least 2 years, with the exception of the above mentioned mini-bingo card, & I am super excited about finally using these papers!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a scrap-tas-tic day!! : )

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, love this vintage layout- that bling is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us @ OUAS~!

xErin

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is a really pretty layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS.

Renata Moni said...

Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love all the bling detail! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :) Please consider turning off the captcha as it makes commenting take twice as long! thx

Eila Sandberg said...

Just love anything vintage and your page is truly wonderful! she looks like a jolly nice lady with a twinkle or two in her eyes. Beautifully scrapped!

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Such a pretty vintage layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS:-)